question

mad avatar image
mad asked

Voltage from BMV 712 incorrect - fuse size of temp sensor?

Hi all,

I read about incorrect voltage readings from the BMV712 when there is by mistake a 100mA fuse instead of an 1A fuse in the power cable.

I got an optional temperature sensor connected on my BMV and there is a 100mA fuse in the power cable. Does the fuse size have to be 1A also?

I didn't find a information about it.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
lehrling avatar image
lehrling answered ·

It is a safe bet to use the 1A fuse as what the fuse is protecting is the same.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mad avatar image
mad answered ·

I'm asking this question cause I got different voltage data from my solar charger mppt 100/50 and the BMV 712 and I got an hint here at this community regarding wrong fuse sizes shipped from factory which causes these issue due to a wrong resistance.

So it is quite important to know the 100% correct fuse size, not for protecting the device as for getting correct values.

So please don't bet and answer if you know the correct values. Thank you :)

1 comment
2 |3000

The fuse size for the temperature sensor is correct.

Anyway, it does have nothing to do with voltage reading of your BMV or MPPT.
The MPPT is not as precise in voltage measuring as the BMV is. This and probably voltage drop through connections and wire length/size adds to slightly different reading.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic