question

sohail1 avatar image
sohail1 asked

Multiplus 2 new install help wit a few issues

Good Morning Guys

I have recently installed a Multiplus ii 5Kva with a Dyness 3.6kwh battery pack to help with critical load during load shedding.

I have also installed a Victron MPPT Charge Controller (older version) 150/70 with just 2 Art solar 370 panels for now to test.

I also have a Colour control installed.

My issues are:

Inverter is on Sustain/ passthrough and does not kick in for load shedding?

I managed to make up the cable for the Battery pack and found it in CC but after changing to 500kb bus the older Charge controller looses connections it prefers 250kb what do i do here?

Friday in Durban we had a major storm and my network switches blew, after this the CCGX ethernet port is offline, normal functionality is working etc just no remote support, one new error i see is data corrupt. any ideas what is going on here?

I didnt have a Victron guru to program it for me as yet as install was done in late Dec, my electrician still has some work to do in separating loads etc.

Can someone in Durban be able to come out and have a look for me help with my issues etc?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@sohail1

Your ccgx most likely has now got a dead ethernet port. It is a common failure in hard wired connections the blown network switch is the major clue. But in most cases the whole unit is dead. They are not fans of power surges coming through the wrong places. We have had to replace a unit for this reason. It's best to go wireless.

I am concerned that the victron was just connected together with the battery and you are using it if it has not been programmed in any way. Were the battery parameters at least programmed on the multi and the mppts?

The person who supplied the unit to you should not just be a box mover but should also have some experience in using the programming the system.

That being said with the right training and equipment, you can do it yourself make yourself an account here https://www.google.com/url?q=https://professional.victronenergy.com/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj3qO6e5KnuAhXdUBUIHVKVD1QQFjAAegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw35ljdAHUHMbN_vm9e0ZcVQ

There is also a you tube channel with short useful videos.

It will be in passthrough for many reasons. But if no programming has been done then it is most likely that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sohail1 avatar image
sohail1 answered ·

Hi Alexandra

The Multi was programmed for the Dyness module but the other settings was not.

I was advised to go the Cerbo route now as it will be able to take the Dyness and my older version charge controller.

I still would like an installer to have a look at my setup and advise if possible anyone with experience can contact me.

i will check that link appreciate the help

2 |3000

sohail1 avatar image
sohail1 answered ·

Update:

I feel very silly now as i managed to get a Tech out to have a look and NOOB as i mentioned above my Multi was on Charger mode on the rocker switch hence why it never backed up!!

So i need to get a Cerbo to handle the Dyness battery pack and the older charge controller.

I still have an issue with changing charge profiles on the MPPT which i created a new Question on the forum.

Thank you Alexandra for your help much appreciated.

regards,

2 |3000

sohail1 avatar image
sohail1 answered ·

Thank you all i changed to a 250/100 and got my system backup and running

2 |3000