question

marlon-acevedo-rios avatar image
marlon-acevedo-rios asked

Input voltage Mono PERC half cell for the MPPT

Dear all,

I will install a PV system in a very hot and high humidity place in the Amazon region in Colombia. We are planning to use a MONO PERC half cell PV module with Voc= 49,3V (Longi LR4-72HPH-450M). I would like to know if any of you have experience with this type of PV modules in a hot place. My main concern is to damage the MPPT going beyond its maximum voltage input.

If my array has 3 modules in series, I will get 147,9V but I am above the Maximum PV open circuit voltage from the datasheet: 145V start-up and operating maximum. However, knowing that the installation will be in a very hot place, the voltage will drop a bite.

From the configuration spreadsheet, I found that my limit temperature is 20°C. Below it (e.g. 19°C) I will damage the MPPT.

screen-shot-2021-01-16-at-84429.png

I think that it could be better to have 2 PV modules in series, in order to be completely sure about voltage limits; but I would like to hear from you guys: what do you think/suggest?

Thanks in advance,

MPPT Controllersvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

It is best to stick with real world figures.

bogota-columbia-weather.png

Maybe I have the wrong Columbia weather stats..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marlon-acevedo-rios avatar image
marlon-acevedo-rios answered ·

Thank you!

Yes, in fact, that is Bogotá, but in the Amazon, the temperatures are like this:

screen-shot-2021-01-16-at-84746.png

In theory, I could do it, but I am not completely sure about it.

What do you think?

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

I live half a globe away, but lived somewhere properly tropical for 30 years...

bogota-columbia-weather-a.png

I am not local but goggle shows different stats to what you present.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic