question

merlin avatar image
merlin asked

Reset administrator on Venus Gx

Purchased a boat with a Victron system and want to be able to access VRM remotely. Boat builder has not been very helpful. I´ve tried to register our VRM-ID but I get a message that admin will receive an email with your request.
Can anyone help please.

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

this usually means the unit has already been registered. and you will need to contact Victron directly for them to reset it for you. Security ID and a good reason why would be needed inc a copy of the purchase invoice with the units serial number would help. and a copy of the VRM port page showing the units ID

For security reasons and unauthorized use etc it cant be done manually, The original installer would have set it up and thus he is probably the main operator, so its best to get back to them and try to get them to authorize you.

if you get stuck, then PM me only with the above details, with as much info as to why and ill forward it on for you. plus your direct email address and phone number and location

todo a PM Personal message its a selection at the bottom when you reply to this message

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

merlin avatar image merlin commented ·

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Merlin

Please contact a local dealer, or when not available your local sales agent:

https://www.victronenergy.com/contact

1 comment
2 |3000

merlin avatar image merlin commented ·

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·