question

lorenzo-accaroli avatar image
lorenzo-accaroli asked

CCGX "red box" always blank

Hi everyone,

I've an off grid system with a Quattro, two MPPT and to a Lead Acid floaded battery 48V.

One of my concern is about the "red box" of my CCGX screen.

I was expectind to find the amount of power that is being taken from the grid to feed the loads, when battery/PV cannot perform. But I always see the red box in blank situation (as you can see in the picture).

Is this correct and I'm expecting something that my system cannot shows? or I've to perform some settings?

Thanks a lot

img-20210114-wa00041.jpg

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
alan avatar image
alan answered ·

If your system is off-grid then it will only show anything when you connect a genset, the "red box" is the AC input field.

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lorenzo-accaroli avatar image lorenzo-accaroli commented ·

Thanks Alan, it was my doubt. For some reason I see the power going to ac loads from the pv inverter when the battery is not giving power... It is normal? Why my battery doesn't do it's job feeding the ac loads?20210115-070152.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
20210115-070152.jpg (223.2 KiB)
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ lorenzo-accaroli commented ·

Why should the battery power be used when there is enough PV-power available to feed the loads?

Battery power is only used when there is not enough PV-power.

0 Likes 0 ·
lorenzo-accaroli avatar image lorenzo-accaroli Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Picture was taken this morning before sunrise

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ lorenzo-accaroli commented ·

In that case there is something wrong in the configuration of the system and you should get in touch with the installer to fix this.

Maybe it would also help if you give us more information's about your system.
What components do you have?
Pictures of the installation, wiring and settings (Quattro/CCGX)?

0 Likes 0 ·
lorenzo-accaroli avatar image lorenzo-accaroli Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thank you Matthias, I will post pictures later because I'm out now. The battery yesterday didn't reach float state, so maybe is for that reason that it's not giving power?

0 Likes 0 ·
alan avatar image alan lorenzo-accaroli commented ·

Yes something certainly wrong there, my guess would be the AC current sensor for the PV inverter is in the wrong place. What brand PV inverter is it?

0 Likes 0 ·
lorenzo-accaroli avatar image lorenzo-accaroli alan commented ·

Do you mean this?20210115_181808.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
jonatanjensen avatar image
jonatanjensen answered ·

Settings - System setup - Choose your system setup

2 |3000

lorenzo-accaroli answered ·

I did it, setting grid on AC1 but nothing happened. So I try to set on AC2 but always blank. I set grid on both AC but nothing changed. I also reboot ccgx after every try but nothing... The technician told me that he believes that its normal but I don't really believe him.

My system doesn't have ESS and it is off grid... It is possible that it is the reason? Thanks

2 |3000

I've changed the visualization and now this is the panel. Now battery is being charged and gives power the system... It's seems to be better, isn't it?

I'll give you details on my system later when I'm homescreenshot-20210115-113635-whatsapp.jpg

2 |3000

If I didn't have a PV inverter, how does I can see the info on CCGX as in the pictrue below? And why this power is equal to the one I can read on my company grid meter? it seems that simply some connection is wrong. What component of the system has the function to measure AC input? I have set correctly grid meter in my settings.

11 comments
2 |3000

jonatanjensen avatar image jonatanjensen commented ·

company grid meter? so you do have grid in there. then try to put it in ACin1(left corner) and you should see info in red box.

0 Likes 0 ·
lorenzo-accaroli avatar image lorenzo-accaroli jonatanjensen commented ·

The technician sell me as off grid in the sense that I not sell evergy to the grid but I use grid power if pv and battery can support... Do you mean at the left corner of the quattro?

0 Likes 0 ·
jonatanjensen avatar image jonatanjensen lorenzo-accaroli commented ·

i do have grid and generator and i am not selling because i dont have a permission .

just disable feed-in :)

untitled.png

0 Likes 0 ·
untitled.png (13.6 KiB)
jonatanjensen avatar image jonatanjensen jonatanjensen commented ·

my grid is not wery reliable, voltage is going down to 197V but i get at least something when there is a lucky evening.

untitled2.png

0 Likes 0 ·
untitled2.png (49.3 KiB)

:) ok, but I think you have ESS... I work with hub 1 :o

0 Likes 0 ·

then whats your reason to use hub1

0 Likes 0 ·

Ask the installer.. :( he didn't explain me nothing about all these details

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes 0 ·

I know, I'll definitely do... The fact is that when the builder of the house suggest this installator i was not into subject... I trust him and now that I study a lot thanks to your help and other i convinced myself that he did a out of date system.. i hope that there is the way to improve the overall product :(

0 Likes 0 ·
lorenzo-accaroli avatar image lorenzo-accaroli lorenzo-accaroli commented ·

Last question, how can I see how much energy the battery gave to the loads today?

0 Likes 0 ·

Dashboard-historical data-consumption

0 Likes 0 ·