question

ehsab avatar image
ehsab asked

Reset admin password grafana docker

Hi,
I need to reset the admin password for grafana that is deployd with victron docker container.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Kind Regards

ehsab

grafana
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ehsab,

you can try this from the console (depending on your OS) supposed you're on the machine you're running Grafana on:

grafana-cli admin reset-admin-password <new password>

I did this just yesterday evening and it worked for me.

See also: Grafana reset admin password

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ehsab avatar image ehsab commented ·

Hi and thanks for replying.
Shouldn't that command be issued inside the container? Not on the host where the containers are running?

I'm running this on a ubuntu server if that helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ehsab commented ·

Oh, I didn't read that you're running docker.

Maybe this is of help: Reset Grafana password when running in Docker on Raspberry Pi

0 Likes 0 ·
ehsab avatar image ehsab Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Yea, i've been trying that aswell. Whatever command i try to execute in the container i get the following error:

root@mqtt:/home/ehsab# docker exec -ti bb34e6ad0df2 grafana-cli admin reset-admin-password admin
failed to create runc console socket: mkdir /tmp/pty359940191: read-only file system: unknown

This is the status atm:

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                       COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
0ad583d6531d        victronenergy/venus-docker-server:latest    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   6 weeks ago         Up 5 weeks          0.0.0.0:8088->8088/tcp   ehsab_server_1
d88de9699d7b        influxdb:1.7                                "/entrypoint.sh infl…"   6 weeks ago         Up 5 weeks          0.0.0.0:8086->8086/tcp   ehsab_influxdb_1
bb34e6ad0df2        victronenergy/venus-docker-grafana:latest   "/entrypoint.sh"         6 weeks ago         Up 5 weeks          0.0.0.0:3000->3000/tcp   ehsab_graphing_1
7a680d9f59c9        victronenergy/venus-docker-upnp:latest      "docker-entrypoint.s…"   6 weeks ago         Up 5 weeks                                   ehsab_upnp_1

Heres a link to a better view of the above: http://p.ip.fi/R6Yf

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ehsab commented ·

I see and must admit that it goes beyond my knowledge.

Hopefully @Scott Bender is a better help here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ole Saether avatar image
Ole Saether answered ·

Try logging into the docker container and change the password there:

docker exec -it bb34e6ad0df2 /bin/bash
grafana-cli admin reset-admin-password <new password>

2 |3000