question

oliv56 avatar image
oliv56 asked

AGM Supercycle temperature compensation settings

Hello,

I have 2 brand new AGM supercycle controlled by a Tristar TS-60 in diversion mode (Windmill + solar).

I want to set the temperature compensation in the controller, but I didn't find any data in the one page datasheet of the supercycle batteries.

Could you tell me the median temp for no temp modulation (I used usually for flooded or gel 20°C or 25°C) and the Temperature Compensation (default in controller -0.030 volts)

The batteries does not seems to charge easily (very often in bulk, need very strong power to get in absorption and float), but with the same charging power I successfully used for 8 years 2x victron Gel...and I suspect temperature comp. to be badly set for theses new batteries.

Thank you

Olivier

AGM Batterytemperature compensation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Use a base temperature of 25°C.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oliv56 avatar image
oliv56 answered ·

Hi and thank you. In the meanwhile I found datasheet for Victron GEL and deep cylce AGM (not supercycle) :

"La compensation de température recommandée pour les batteries Victron VRLA est de -4 mV/élément (-24 mV/°C pour une batterie 12V). Le point médian de compensation de température est à 20°C / 70°F. "

The temperature compensation for VRLA victron batteries is -24 mV/°C for 12V battery, and the base temperature is 20°C / 70°F.

I am using Tristar TS-60 which use base temp at 25°C so now I have to find a bit of calculation.... If anyone already did that ??

2 |3000

oliv56 avatar image
oliv56 answered ·

To change the voltage if the median (base) temperature is not the same between battery manufacturer and controller:

TsVolt@25° is the voltage to reach in the tristar TS-60 at 25° (i.e. the value to enter in Regulation/Absorption)

VictronVolt@20° is a voltage given by victron for the AGM supercycle at 20°C

TsVolt@25°= VictronVolt@20 +(( 25-20) * -0,024)

Absorption voltage will be Victron 14.6v -> Tristar 14.48

Floating volatge will be Victron 13.5v -> Tristar 13.38

Hoping it helps

Olivier

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic