question

habi avatar image
habi asked

ColorControl inside EasySolar 48/5000

Hello,

the EasySolar 48/5000 comes with a built in ColorControl.

Is this exactly the same as the "stand alone" ColorControl GX?

Does it have the same in-/outputs and connections and are they all accessible inside the EasySolar case?

CCGX Color ControlEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@habi

Yes it is exactly the same unit as sold separately.

I have an easy solar 5kva at home. The top panel can be opened and accessed without any issues.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

habi avatar image habi commented ·

Hey @Alexandra,

I stumbled across the next question, and since you have the 5kva unit that i plan on buying, i thought i ask you directly, hope you see this!

I am in the planning process for my upcoming offgrid system, thats why i ask questions like this:

How is the smart mppt hooked up to the ColorControl? is it done via the VE.direct port?

The reason why i am asking: i wanna build the system with LiFePo Batteries, so together with a VE.Bus BMS. The BMS wants to tell the charger to stop loading because of overvoltage. It does tell the AC charger inside the multiplus part of easysolar of cause via the VE.Bus.

But as far as i could find out, the "charge disconnect"-comment will not be passed on from the multiplus to the colorcontrol, then forwarded to the mppt. you know any about this?

thus a separate connection from BMS to mppt is neccessary, which would be a "ve.direct non inverting remote cable" to connect from bms "charge disconnect" to the mppt ve.direct.

so coming back to the question, is the ve.direct on the mppt available?

thank you so much for having a look at that. :) valentin

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ habi commented ·

@habi

Yes, the mppt is hooked up via VE direct to the color control.

Sorry for the late reply is did not see your comment.

I have never used a ve bus bms so on that part i cannot answer your question from experience.

CAN enabled BMS systems are what I am more familiar with. But even with CAN each component of a Victron system can and should be programmed with your battery specifics, so if communication cables have issues (such as disconnected ir somehow develop a fault) each component is able to regulate itself so that no overcharging is done to the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
habi avatar image habi Alexandra ♦ commented ·

hi, no worries ;)

thanks again, well it's just like, before buying all those specialized components, you wanna understand as good as possible. it's funny because in general the victron documentation is so well done, and still you stumble across those things that are not written down. (or can't find...)

and yes you are right, when the battery settings in all components are correct then nothing totally wrong should happen, it's like double safety.

ok, i keep on planning, thank you for the informations!

0 Likes 0 ·
habi avatar image
habi answered ·

Ah super! Thank you i was reallly hoping to hear this.

2 |3000