question

andrew-heath avatar image
andrew-heath asked

Battery Protect 12/24 220A - No Settings to support AGM typical low voltage cut-off recommendations?

We need to protect an off-grid solar system that is primarily used to power an 240VAC 80W sewerage system aerobic pump that is supposed to operate 24/7 and at least 4 hours per day in unattended use (private camp-ground). The battery is a Eclipse Power 280AH Deep Cycle AGM. We have purchased a Battery Protect BP220 to provide a low voltage cut-off to inverter however I notice that the highest low voltage cut-off on the BP220 is only 12.0V [Setting 8]. This is way too low in my research which should be 12.5 to 12.8V. When there is poor light or after use at night, we need the battery protect to kill the load until the batteries are charged sufficiently. Am I using the right product? Are there alternate settings?

Cycle Use Initial Charging Current less than 75A.
Voltage 14.4V~15.0V at 25oC (77o F)
Temp. Coefficient -30mV/oC
Standby Use No limit on Initial Charging Current
Voltage 13.5V~13.8V at 25oC (77o F)
Temp. Coefficient -20mV/oC
Battery ProtectAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
thomas-tb avatar image
thomas-tb answered ·

No answer from victron yet?

I seems all the standard settings force you to buy a lithium battery.

I want my cut-off voltage to be at 11.90 and my restart on 12.1v but these settings don't exist :(

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron BatteryProtect product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic