question

Cameron Gillies avatar image
Cameron Gillies asked

Smart Battery Sense data in VRM through MPPT75/10

Hi,

My setup is Smart Battery Sense with bluetooth connection to MPPT 75/10, which has a VE.Direct USB cable to Raspberry Pi.

The MPPT can see the data from the smart battery sense, and in VRM I can see the MPPT. But I cant see the data from the Smart Battery Sense. Is this normal? I expected that the MPPT would pass on ALL data to the VRM portal.

Thanks,

Cameron

VRMSmart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

11 Answers
Sascha Nicklich avatar image
Sascha Nicklich answered ·

I would add myself to this question, would be nice to see temperature in VRM from SBS through Smart-MPPT

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

abomb60 avatar image
abomb60 answered ·

Adding myself here as well for when someone from Victron answers. It's odd to me that I can see the smart battery sense temperature under my MPPT in the Connect app through my Cerbo GX but that data can't make it's way to the VRM portal or be displayed on my GX Touch. If the MPPT knows about it and can send data to VRM why can't it send the battery temperature from the SBS as well?

2 |3000

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

I would like to add myself this query as well. It would be great to see the smart sense temperature sensor data on the MPPT controller reporting to VRM.

2 |3000

veeriz2022 avatar image
veeriz2022 answered ·

I would also like to know if/how this is possible to get

2 |3000

jetlag avatar image
jetlag answered ·

Pushing up this question again, as I'm also interessted in this.

What I'm really wondering about is, that sensors like ruuvi are implemented in venus os, but the victron own sensor isn't. That's really strange to me...

Hope to get an solution for that...

3 comments
2 |3000

kurtinge avatar image kurtinge commented ·
Good point !!! Indeed :)

1 Like 1 ·
tiredeyes69 avatar image tiredeyes69 kurtinge commented ·

Do sensors like ruuvi do a Volt and amp meter to see a trend in RPi-4 ?

0 Likes 0 ·
jetlag avatar image jetlag tiredeyes69 commented ·
No, the ruuvi sensors can provide only temperature and humidity.
0 Likes 0 ·
ningaloo avatar image
ningaloo answered ·

I looked at getting the SBS but decided against it when I found out that the temperature was not available on VRM. Also some suggestion that there would be overlap with the SmartSolar.

2 |3000

jetlag avatar image
jetlag answered ·

The visualization of the smart battery sense in VRM would be nice of course (and it should be in Victrons interest as well), but it is still valuable for the system, as the MPPTs can take the temperature and the voltage directly from the battery and adjust the load current to it. So you can compensate the losses through the cables. This is not possible with ruuvi or others, but indeed the more important function.

2 |3000

greenbimoon avatar image
greenbimoon answered ·

I am also interested in seeing the battery sense in my VRM

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Thanks for the suggestions and support.

It's on the list to do, but no date yet.

2 |3000

tiredeyes69 avatar image
tiredeyes69 answered ·

Hello, it’s been 5 months for this request.

Hoping that the wizards will work their magic and update RPi Venus to see smart battery sense via BlueTooth. Thanks in advance.

2 |3000

diegotam avatar image
diegotam answered ·

Hello,

I have the same question and so far I discovered that the MPPT is indeed sending the temperature received from the Battery Sense over Ve.Direct. I can read it on another Rpi with Grafana installed, (this "official" version: https://youtu.be/IkNuadRbANA?si=44_pfDJhZsP-SJon)

I can use this query to get the temperature: "solarcharger/Link/TemperatureSense"

I still don't know how to get VenusOS to read it for the DVCC...

1 comment
2 |3000

todayslost avatar image todayslost commented ·

How did you get the temp? I can see the MQTT topic, but there it is only "null".

0 Likes 0 ·