question

carver avatar image
carver asked

Quattro Compatibility with REVOV Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery

I currently have x15 Quattro48/10000 set up in a 3-phase configuration (5 units each phase). I am looking to retire the existing FLA battery bank and replace it with Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries.

The supplier I have been in contact with is REVOV who claims that their batteries will work with Victron Quattros as they have other installations running a similar setup.

Does anyone have any insight or experience with REVOV batteries and if they work with the Quattro devices? I have attached the information on the REVOV batteries for reference.

Thank you.

1life REVOV_LiFeC8_Product_Specs_Oct2020_v9 (1).pdf

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingLithium Batterybattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If REVOV says it works ask them how to configure the system.

You need a compatible Can bus BMS signal or two signals for "cell high" and "cell low".

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Nicholas Herbst avatar image
Nicholas Herbst answered ·

The Revov 1st and 2nd Life batteries make use of a BMS that only has RS485 communication. This is not currently interfaced with by the range of GX devices so you'd be left using a battery monitor, like the BMV700, BMV712 or SmartShunt to obtain SOC and other battery parameters.

My opinion and recommendation (from experience) would be to use a battery that has Canbus communication feature allowing the BMS to become the master and control the inverter charging and discharging conditions.

I would recommend the FreedomWon line of Lithium batteries.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

you’re clearly in SA. Chat to get off grid about BSL.

It’s supported on victron and a seriously good cost/kWh.

Don’t experiment with batteries if the vendor can’t be bothered to certify. It just leaves you with the problem if one arises.

2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

Honestly for the amount of money you are going to spend on Batteries I would just go with FreedomWon. Their batteries work well at this size and have been tested for years already.
The install will also be a lot simpler as it will be a few big packs.

2 |3000