question

cossie1600 avatar image
cossie1600 asked

Smart Shunt Bluetooth Module Disable Bluetooth to eliminate duplicates?

I have a Smart Shunt without the display. The bluetooth was so poor that I bought one of the stand alone Bluetooth module. Sure enough it worked. The only problem I have is that the shunt and the BT module both show up on my app under the same name. Is it possible to disable just the Shunt's bluetooth without doing the BT module? Do I just go into the app and hit disable bluetooth?

Thanks

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Yes you can disable the BT of the shunt but it should also be possible to rename the Smart Shunt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chilli avatar image
chilli answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE Hi, I have the same setup for the same reason, tried to rename just one of the duplicates but both take the same new name. I am reluctant to disable Bluetooth on the smart shunt in case it also disables bluetooth on the Bluetooth dongle via the VE.Direct port ?

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@chilli I just tested it.

You are correct, if the Smart dongle is connected it will change the name of both.
But if you disconnect the dongle, change the name of the SmartShunt and reconnect the dongle you have two devices with different names.

In the same way you can disable the BT of the SmartShunt.
Disconnect the dongle, disable the BT of the SmartShunt and reconnect the dongle.

0 Likes 0 ·
pcurtis avatar image pcurtis Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE I have the same problem with a Smart Shunt and BT dongle so I have tried your solution but I still end up with the same name for both whatever I do including disconnection.

I am also reluctant to disable BT on the Shunt and it is also in the network, with a Battery sensor and Solar Charger.

Any further suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic