question

cossie1600 avatar image
cossie1600 asked

IP67 25A charger, how much load can I run while charging?

If I am running 80A on my 12v battery, can I use the 25A charger to offset the load? If it isn't possible, what is the maximum load I can have while using this? I understand I won't be able to charge, but I just want to slow down the power usage as much as I can.

Is the IP65 any different?

chargerip65
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eksine avatar image eksine commented ·

I have no concrete proof but our cars have alternators that is of coarse used to charge the starting battery of the car, so when the alternator fails I know the electrical systems used to run the car including ignition for the spark plugs taps directly off the starting battery until it's depleted. I would pretend that if you do not have a charger connected to the battery source than the battery is supplying the full amount of power. the alternator normally would have the ability to not only supply the entire car's electrical load but extra to also charge the battery. So pretend your alternator is malfunctioning and only supplying a partial charge , that is essentially what you're asking, so yes a partial charge to the battery to slow down the load's discharging is better than letting the loads rely on just the battery as the power source, my opinion but of course this sounds like common sense to me

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can run as much loads as you want.
As soon as your loads are higher than 25A you will start discharging your battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eksine avatar image eksine commented ·

no his actual question is if you add in a charger that is less than the load, will it slow down the discharging from the batteries than if the charger was not present in the circuit

0 Likes 0 ·
cossie1600 avatar image
cossie1600 answered ·

No the manual specifically says i shouldnt run the battery with too much load. I am just a little concern

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Î can't find anything about that in the manual, can you make a picture/screenshot?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic