question

steenbank avatar image
steenbank asked

MK3-USB unstable connection

my mk3-usb connection with either Mac or RPI venusos is very unstable. I have tried several RJ45 cables but no changes and even bought an original from Victron. Do You guys experience the same issues?

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
steenbank avatar image
steenbank answered ·

I have now received the new MK3 and it worked instantly. It is a slightly different model than my Old one. The new is a model where the usb wire is non replaceable. The rj45 connection is much more solid than the other model, where the connector could be moved a little bit from side to side. I Think my issue is related to this sloppy connector on the rj45 side of the MK3.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

timk avatar image
timk answered ·

Hi Steenbank,

Just a suggestion, have you tried to examine the pins on the RJ45 port? Have you tried to inspect the USB pins too? Either could cause a weak/intermittent connection.

1 comment
2 |3000

steenbank avatar image steenbank commented ·

On my multiplus i have tried both ve.bus ports and used different cables. I have not tried to change the usb cable. Actually i just ordered a new mk3, i am so frustrated about this. When it arrives I can give more feedback and Maybe pinpoint it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic