question

danhig avatar image
danhig asked

Cerbo - How to remove manual Time Zone setting after GPS Addition?

Hello, I just added a GPS to my Cerbo and see in VRM it will use the GPS to update the time zone automatically if its not set manually. How do i remove the manual setting that was configured prior to the GPS?

1608044417074.pngThank you,

cerbo gxVenus GX - VGXgps
1608044417074.png (79.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Chad Heiser avatar image
Chad Heiser answered ·

I have this exact same question. Have you ever figured out the answer? Can anyone else answer this? I have been searching through the Victron community and manuals, but haven’t found the answer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The hint is the message about GX device. Can't get to mine at the moment. In the settings menu on that is where it's done. Sorry to be so vague.

2 |3000

ricturley avatar image
ricturley answered ·

I have the same question and the hint is too vague for me. Has anyone found an answer?

2 |3000

natteverf avatar image
natteverf answered ·

I have a Raspberry Pi, i hope that is not too different.
I see two things
1: In VRM:
Your timezone setting will be updated using the new location only if you do not have it set on the GX device. and a Reset button as well as a Save buttonscreenshot-2022-09-20-at-165141.png2: In the console of the GX device: Device List > Settings > Date & Time and then scroll down to Time zone. There you can can change the time zone to UTC which is most likely considered as "unset".
Reboot after.
It sort of works, my device is set to UTC but on VRM it is showing as on hour ahead of the actual time, that is a bit annoying, anyhow, that is closer than we have mentioned up until now :-)

2 |3000

140sqft-journey avatar image
140sqft-journey answered ·

I have tried all the above and still not had any luck. I have the same situation where I have added the GPS and want to get the time zone to now update with our location. Anyone else have luck?

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Just checked mine, which works from GPS and updates as I move around.

In the GX device list/settings menu:

1. Scroll down to GPS and check the GPS sensor is present, mine shows as an NMEA device
  2. Scroll to date and time. Select and set time zone to whatever your local time zone is. It will show UTC and local times. Once this is done, GPS override seems to be automatic.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic