question

josmeijer avatar image
josmeijer asked

Anyone knows why my inverters are named %%key_not_found%%?

screenshot-20201204-083914-orgmozillafirefox.jpg

VRMfault
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thanks for reporting @josmeijer, I have forwarded it on to the VRM team and I think something like this will be fixed quickly.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

josmeijer avatar image josmeijer commented ·

apparently not so quick :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ josmeijer commented ·

It’s been the weekend!

0 Likes 0 ·
josmeijer avatar image josmeijer Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I (while waiting) found out that the field is not supposed to display the device name, but the device status.

Although the " %%key_not_found%%" is replaced by "unknown" (so it apparently had someones attention) it still not shows the status.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ josmeijer commented ·

Hi @josmeijer

The firmware version on the MultiPlus for that site is very old now, and does not support that feature.

If it was me, I would leave it as is, rather than attempt such a big jump in firmware - unless there was another very good reason to compel the update.

0 Likes 0 ·
josmeijer avatar image josmeijer Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Well, I had a very good reason (see my "venus misbehaviour post) and though that problem still rests unsolved, the remote console now neatly displays "inverting", "bulk" etc. after installing version NNNN159 of the firmware.

0 Likes 0 ·
josmeijer avatar image
josmeijer answered ·

remoteconsole.jpg(two weekends by now and the third is soon to come)

I noticed that (probably caused by an automatic firmware update) my inverters had a name change and are now called "unknown".

Still I think that as the venus GX firmware apparently knows the type and the name of the device it should be possible to display it in the overview, or am I wrong?unknown.jpg

unknown.jpg (20.1 KiB)
remoteconsole.jpg (21.9 KiB)
2 |3000

josmeijer avatar image
josmeijer answered ·

Well, there might be. I was just searching for the proper place to post this problem.

I have a growing number of unexplainable system shutdowns. Both (parrallel) inverters switch off and become extremely dead, no leds, no way to revive them (which is extra inconvenient if I am 115 km from the spot). Not with the remote panel, nor with the switches on the inverters.

Eventually I found out that ressurrection can be achieved by breaking the VE-bus connection between the two, firing the master up, (which then shows error leds) and finally by restoring the connection everything works again.

I suspect some incompatabilities between the present firmware in the inverters and the perpetually updating software in the venus GX.

2 |3000

josmeijer avatar image
josmeijer answered ·

I get this when I want to inspect the error log

buserror.jpg

buserror.jpg (15.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

VRM login page

VRM documentation

VRM API documentation

How to change the Owner of a VRM installation

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.