question

mhuusko avatar image
mhuusko asked

Change of vrm password not working

Hi, tried to change my password and now cannot login to the vrm portal.

VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tfinn avatar image tfinn commented ·
Hello. I'm having the same problem and have checked JUNK and tried the phone. No luck. When I hit the REGISTER button nothing happens. Also, if I try to login and use the FORGOT PASSWORD, no email is sent. I signed up for this forum using the same email address. Please help as I need to get help setting up my system.
0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi,

The first thing to do is try the request form in a private browsing window, and from another computer or your phone - https://vrm.victronenergy.com/forgot-password

Then also check your junk mail folder, or any other place an automated email might show up for you. It should be arriving from the email address no-reply@victronenergy.com - with the subject "VRM Portal password reset request" so search for both of those.

Once you have tried all of those common solutions, if you are still having issues please post here.

If your email address for VRM is the same one you use for this community site, then I can see it in your account, if you use a different email address for VRM you will need to tell me what it is (set your comment to "ONLY VISIBLE BY MODERATORS" for your privacy when you post your reply).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

James Johnson avatar image
James Johnson answered ·

Guy

I too have lost ability to login to VRM. Site has worked for almost a year. Any chance you can reset?

PS: I have tried the forgot password link but have not received the email...

Thanks

James

1 comment
2 |3000

Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·

Hi @James Johnson,

Can it be the case that you changed email addresses? I'll drop you an email.

0 Likes 0 ·
costasjoannides avatar image
costasjoannides answered ·

Guy hello,

just installed a new system, installer has it running on their profile and i received a invite email from the installer to register. Registered on VRM but can not log in and no victron verification email etc. I then tried a password reset via VRM and no victron passwords reset email.
please advice
tx Costas

1 comment
2 |3000

costasjoannides avatar image costasjoannides commented ·
ok all sorted email delay
0 Likes 0 ·
Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar answered ·

I have the same issue . The password does not work and no password reset email. The password/login worked on victron community and victron professional but not working on VRM

With Best Regards

Anil

3 comments
2 |3000

Anil Ghatikar avatar image Anil Ghatikar commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) - any solution - I have 6 systems online and unbale to maintain them. I will try password reset again

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Anil Ghatikar,

I know this will sound a bit crazy, but all 3 systems use different validation systems and that means different user names and passwords.

Setting one in Victron Professional, will not set it in VRM, and changing it in Community will not change it in the others.

That said, the VRM password reset form should work for VRM. Please make sure you have checked your spam folder. If you are 100% sure it hasn't arrived and isn't stuck at your end, let me know and I can have a closer look and make sure it's getting sent.

Note - I can't see any VRM account using the email address that you have used to register with this community (@gmail) - so make sure you are trying the right email address that you used to register for VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anil Ghatikar avatar image Anil Ghatikar Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Just to be sure I emptied the spam and tried resetting again few minutes back. No luck .

interestingly the resend email xxx"here"" button also does not work.

1653911101240.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1653911101240.png (34.2 KiB)
leonb avatar image
leonb answered ·

Hello Guy,

Please can you check this email for me: *EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED BY MOD*

She has tried resetting to no avail.

Thanks so much

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @LeonB and @Anil Ghatikar,

Please both check your emails - I have requested the reset myself to alida....@gmail.com & anil@int....com respectively. From my end at least, both appear to have sent successfully now.

Interestingly, neither had any prior requests to reset that I could see, I have reached out to the VRM team to find out why that might be.

For now though, I hope you both have your resets and is resolved for those two specific cases :)

4 comments
2 |3000

leonb avatar image leonb commented ·

Thanks guy have sent onto client, lets see.

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
leonb avatar image leonb commented ·

Hello guy,

I am not winning here, that account/ email address alidalippi50@gmail.com, just wont reset.

Is their anyway you can delete that account completely, and then we register a new one from scratch?

Will appreciate

Regards

Leon

0 Likes 0 ·
leonb avatar image leonb leonb commented ·
@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) did you see the above request??

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @LeonB,

Someone should be in touch with you via email.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar answered ·

Hi, the anil@intxxx came.

The second one see the email in the database seems to be wrong should be anil.xxxx@

1 comment
2 |3000

There is no anil.anything address in the VRM database.

What happens if you try creating the account again?

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/register

0 Likes 0 ·