question

pandawastl avatar image
pandawastl asked

Single Phase Charging/Supplying in a Three Phase System possible?

20201201-101857.jpgHello together,

we installed a Three-Phase System in a Truck for sewer rehabilitation.

Following Components are in the system installed:

3x Quattro 24-3000

1x MG Master LV 1000A

4x MG HE 24V/200Ah

1x Cerbo GX

1x DMC

1x Battery Protect 220A

1x Fischer Panda 8000x 3ph 400V with CI-Interface

Now my customer wants to have the option to charge the system in his vehicle hall with 230V 1ph. I tried to configure this with the VE.Bus System Configurator but failed.

I heard of a possible solution in the online-training at victron professional to configure a three phase system with a 1ph 230V supply and a 3ph 400V outcome at the inverters.

Is there anybody who can tell me if it's possible (and how to do) to combine a solution using the ACin #1 (of only Inverter 1 for example) to charge/supply with 230V and alternatively using the 3 x ACin's #2 of all Quattros together for charging/supplying the system with 400V?

Thank you very much for your support!

Sebastian from

gme-logo-mit-untertitel.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know this will work

just feed power in on ACin1 on one inverter only N and A 230 volts say L1

Only one inverter will charge the battery and it will also pass through power as well to that one phase say L1 . the other two L2 and L3 will supply the other two phase's

so you have 1 phase in and 3 phase out

NOTE that only the 1 phase in inverter will charge the batteries the other two will consume battery power, so you are limited to the max charge rate of that one inverter ie L1

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pandawastl avatar image
pandawastl answered ·

@Paul B

Hi Paul,

thanks for your awnser, yesterday i was able to continue the troubleshooting. The mistake is now solved, reason was a confusion of the AC In1 and AC In2 that didn't match to the configuration we did in the VE.Bus System Configurator.

So now in this part the system runs quiet well now.

Unfortunately a further problem occured yesterday:

In case of feeding the system with 3ph on the AC In2's it is possible to switch to "Charger Only" and the Quattros do what they should do. But when we feed the AC In1 of the 1st Quattro and switch to charger only, the "Mains" and "Float" LED is blinking together and the Quattro is not charging, quite the opposite is working, the Quattro is inverting!?!

Sadly i haven't found an description of this message or errorcode yet.

Perhaps here is anybody who knows what is the mistake in this case?

Thank you very much for your help!

Sebastian

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @PandaWastl

that's becaus a unit shuts down when it's on 'charge only' and no AC input is available. the unit getting AC input didn't shut down and is missing it's friends.

0 Likes 0 ·