question

Ingo avatar image
Ingo asked

Victron Community Manager - How do I see my Followed Posts?

Hello Guy,

I think I might be missing something but I am following a few posts and when I select the 'My Follows' dropdown selection it doesn't have any entries. Am I doing something wrong or is this option not available on the forum?

Regards,

Ingo

1606297981105.png

1606297945078.png

victron community
1606297945078.png (5.1 KiB)
1606297981105.png (4.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Ingo,

So the short story is that you should use the My Combined Feed option, instead of the 'Follows'. That will show the questions you are following (among others).

I am now trying to convince the developer that My follows should include ALL follows, including question follows, and not just topics follows. I will report back if they agree to change it to do so.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

That's interesting, are you doing it here? Looks a bit different on your screen?

https://community.victronenergy.com/index.html?filters=myFollows

follow.jpg

follow.jpg (334.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

I can confirm same issue:

8081c191-0805-4e1f-8718-85454272d0af.png

2 |3000

@warwick & @Ingo,

I tried to recreate the issue before I made an issue ticket.

Using a test account, I selected a new topic, followed it, and the results appeared.

Can you please follow the steps shown in this video and tell me what happens?

follow.gif

follow.gif (4.1 MiB)
7 comments
2 |3000

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) No, I select a post on the left hand side first and then after it opens I click on Follow.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ahh so these are just for individual questions. Could it be that there is no new activity in any of the questions you are following since you last visited them?

0 Likes 0 ·

cleanshot-2020-11-26-at-000908.jpg

If you go into your profile and click here on the 'My Subscriptions', you should be able to see and access all your follows.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ingo avatar image Ingo Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, I see them now. It's a very odd place to go and look for this, it would be great to have them 'on-hand' so to speak in that initial drop down, just one click away instead of digging into the guts of your profile.

They are also strangely sorted with oldest first so I have to go all the way to the end to get to the latest ones.

0 Likes 0 ·

Agreed, I have just opened a ticket to see if it can be improved to perform as expected, i.e you follow a question, it shows up in your followed items list on the dashboard with all the sort features, etc ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
Ingo avatar image Ingo Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Correct, Yes. Also sorted from latest to oldest top down if possible please.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I have the same problem.

I click on "FOLLOW" in the individual post.

But "My subscriptions" does not show it.

I clicked this "FOLLOW" button in many posts but "my subscriptions" are empty.

screen-shot-2020-11-25-at-22210-pm.png

screen-shot-2020-11-25-at-22228-pm.png

screen-shot-2020-11-25-at-23119-pm.png

It is OK.

Did not noticed that I have to choose "Questions".

screen-shot-2020-11-25-at-24415-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic