question

talaria avatar image
talaria asked

Multipass 24/3000 shuts down when disconnected from shore power

My Multipass 24/3000 was installed this past summer. Everything has been great until two weeks ago.

Recently, I went to use my boat and after unplugging from shore power, engines start etc. I noticed the breaker for the inverter was not illuminated, but the breaker was on and had not tripped. Before starting the boat, AC/DC panel showed inverter breaker operating and illuminated. The inverter is left in charge only when connected to shore. The color control GX showed no alarms or issues.

With the engines operating the port side steering was not functioning but starboard size was. (Boat uses jet drives with buckets and joystick steering). After a few minutes trying to trouble shoot, I started the generator and then the breaker switch for the inverter became illuminated and now both port and starboard steering began to work.

The alternators on both engine were replaced during the Multipass install and everything had been working without issue.

Summary: the Multipass 24/3000 only is working when connected to shore power or receiving generator power source. It does not work when the engine is running.

What am I missing that may cause this?

Multiplus-IIGeneratoralternatorHelpshorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

You state "The inverter is left in charge only when connected to shore". Did you set the inverter too "On".?

If not then when the AC1 input drops, there is no AC and as the inverter is not on, the unit will shut down. The charge only mode means that it is a betray charger and not using the inverter capability.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

talaria avatar image
talaria answered ·

Yes, I switch the inverter to "on". I leave it in charge only when on shore power incase of power outage.

Alternators are new so I don't think the port alternators are bad.

2 |3000