question

gary bastin avatar image
gary bastin asked

Error #66 for no apparent reason

Been having error #66 on my system for quite some time now.. can't get rid of it, and it always seems to appear either early morning or early evening. Dawn and dusk..
I have 3 x 150/70 mppt running 5 different solar arrays connected into the 3 mppt's and 1 24v battery set, and a 5kw multiplus paired with a CCGX and BMv 712 all have identical settings. All are running latest firmware. Almost everyday, if not every other day I gett #66 error.. its driving me nuts !!!!
Any ideas .... anybody?...

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Bonjour

Information 66 - Incompatible device
The controller is being paralleled to another controller that has different settings and/or a different charge algorithm.
Make sure all settings are the same and update firmware on all  chargers to the latest version
The controller is being paralleled to another controller that has different settings and/or a different charge algorithm.
Make sure all settings are the same and update firmware on all  chargers to the latest version

do all regulators have the same setting?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gary bastin avatar image
gary bastin answered ·

Nope.. I've checked every single setting on all 3 controllers.. All are set exactly the same and all are running latest firmware.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

hi @Bazzo,

Could you please check to see that you haven’t got any VE.Smart networking setup on the MPPTs, while they are connected via VE.Can, or VE.Direct to the GX device?

Yes, VE.Smart networking should be disabled if you are using a GX device, and connected together via VE.Can - that will do the syncronising and NOT the VE.Smart Networking -

5. VE.Smart Networking Limitations

Please let me know if disabling VE.Smart networking on the MPPTs solves the issue. If it does I will update the #66 manual to make it clearer.

2 |3000

gary bastin avatar image
gary bastin answered ·

Maybe I should of added thats its the old style mppt 150/70 I don't think that has very smart networking does it ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Correct, that model does not have Smart Networking - so that is not the solution in your case.

I have heard for that model that this has previously been resolved by re-ordering the MPPTs. Adjusting the cables so that it takes a different path from 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> GX.

Do you have DVCC enabled?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic