question

paulmarinas avatar image
paulmarinas asked

Can I use multiple em24 energy meters?

hi,

is it possible to use a couple of energy meters at the same time, i would like to have 1 for grid in/out and i would also have to have 6 for PV's which are connected to AC OUT on Victron Quattro.

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image
Riaan Barkhuizen answered ·

Hi There,

Yes it is possible to use multiple energy meters at the same time. You just need to get familiar with building RS-485 networks. Or alternatively you need to select a gx device that can take multiple USB devices.

Best Regards

Riaan

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ossi avatar image
ossi answered ·

Hi @paul.marinas@gmail.com,

as @Riaan Barkhuizen already discribed, i have also multiple ET and EM meters on RS485 and ETH with multiple Victron ESS running.

But as soon as you have MORE than RS485 Meter (ET120 ET340 or EM24 (RS485)) connected to the RS485 USB Converter you will have to adapt the Device ID of each meter to have individual addresses. Or You use One USB Converter per RS485 Meter with a external powered USB Hub to connect the all to you VenusOS Running device.

System A:

USB port A: Victron Converter RS485-1: --- ET120 PV Meter (Must be L1!) ID1 -- ET340 PV Meter ID2

USB Port B: Amazon RS485 Converter RS485-2: EM24 ID1 with external CTs Grid Meter

SYSTEM B:

ETH: EM24 LAN Grid Meter (VenusOS 2.60~3 improve stability]

USB port A: Amazon RS485 Converter RS485-1: EM24 Generator Counter ID1

2 |3000

netnathan avatar image
netnathan answered ·

What software do you use for monitoring the meters?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/103561/software-for-multiple-em24.html

There is no special software from Victron.

He is using a Victron GX device (or a raspberry pi with Venus OS).

0 Likes 0 ·