question

chrisgru avatar image
chrisgru asked

Victron Quattro, LED FLOAT bulb is not working

Hi everyone, I have a Quattro 5000/48 110v. The unit works great but the other day I noticed the Float light would not come on, even after a sufficient charging period for the batteries. I know the unit is in Float because VictronConnect shows that it is, and the lights for the other charging phases (bulk and absorbtion) work fine.

This isn't a huge problem but I wondered if anyone has seen this and what they might have done to repair it. The unit is still under warranty but I'm not sure about taking it out production just to fix this light lol.

Thanks

Chris

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I would contact your victron dealer in your area and discuss this with them. as its in warranty they maybe able to do the repair quickly if you arrange a time as they could order the parts and have everything ready for when you bring it in etc etc

No promises as its upto the local dealer as to how they handle things.

Its also very unlikely to be the LED

if you repair it by changing the LED you would void your warranty I would suspect

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

@Paul B

the chance that the actual LED is broken is very slim (still possible, but unlikely)

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @chrisgru

What kind of system is this? (on-grid, off-grid), what kind of battery, and what LED's -are- on?

2 |3000