question

sv-unsinn avatar image
sv-unsinn asked

How can I set up a manual switch on the Touch 50 GX to activate / deactivate a Relais on the cerbo GX

Hi,

In would like to switch on the wate heater using an external Relais. This Relais should be activated by the internal Relais of the Cerbo GX. As this is possible i am wondering how i can get a ”switch” or icon on the screen of the touch 50 like the one for the fuel pump. I do not find it very Convenient that i need to go into the settings to activate or deactivate.

Ideally it would be shut off If a certain temperature is reached by using a temperature probe Connected to the cerbo.

Do anyone have an idea how to get this done?

Best

Stefan

cerbo gxgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
pim avatar image
pim answered ·

This is exactly the thing I want! You really want to be able to have 2 buttons of the relais (when set to "manual") on your main screen. In my case, I want to switch on a boiler with it. Did you find a solution?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

If you are technical and feel comfortable with Linux, then take a look at this post.

If you want more control take a look at the Venus OS Large Image, which is in beta. This allows you to create lots of logic around when a relay should be turned on and off.

If you do not want to run beta code, then you will have to wait till the large image is released formally and go through the Node Red learning curve.

0 Likes 0 ·
pim avatar image pim bathnm commented ·

Thanks, I will check this!

0 Likes 0 ·
sv-unsinn avatar image
sv-unsinn answered ·

Hi pim,

i used the botton to switch the boiler on and off. which is avilable to turn on the fuel pump. This is on one of the mainscreens. It is not what i want but the one which is avilable. I asked some time ago if this relais could also have some parameters to switch on or off based on measurements. In my case i would like to switch the boiler off if it reaches 70 C.

3 comments
2 |3000

pim avatar image pim commented ·

This the only option I could find out indeed: but the label remains "Tank Pump' doesn't it? And you switch then between auto-on-off when auto and off mean off and on activates the trigger? May I ask which component you use to switch the 230V? I have a normal 230V-plug on it (schuko) which is plugged into a wall outlet. Would be nice the have some sort of 230V plug with a built-in relais which can be triggered... So it is powered by the 230V, otherwise I have to install a lot of 12V cable to power the relais....

0 Likes 0 ·
sv-unsinn avatar image sv-unsinn pim commented ·

I used a relais that is able to deal with 240V and 750W. You need to search a bit.

0 Likes 0 ·
pim avatar image pim commented ·

Mmh, I can't get the pumpswitch to switch relais 1..... Relais 1 is set to 'tankpump' but nothing happens when pushing the "button" in the mainscreen in the low right corner... Maybe some setting in the "tankpump-menu" is not correct? What do you have set under "Modus"? I can choose between auto/on/off. And the first item in the menu (pumpstatus) is always "off" and I can't choose something?!?

0 Likes 0 ·
carl-dewever avatar image
carl-dewever answered ·

I would also like to control the water heater with the relais.
In my use case I could switch on the water heater before I leave home going to the boat so the water is hot when I arrive at the boat.
Therefore, I would love to give relais1 or 2 a custom name and also be able to switch the relais from the remote console on vrm

2 |3000

Luit Jan avatar image
Luit Jan answered ·

All,

Yes also for me this exactly what I want. Next to the Gen switch on/off I like to control the other relais on the Cerbo with the remote console on my iPad.

I only see a page on the remote console for the Gen, not for the other relay. @SV_UNSInn you use the fuel pump option. Did I miss something because I can’t find this.

Anybody a solution for this?

Thanks!

2 |3000

Related Resources