question

jonmarinello avatar image
jonmarinello asked

Does Victron sell a wall mounted enclosure for the Touch 50

I'm looking for something similar to the Victron Energy ASS050300010 wall-mounted enclosure for Multi Control GX-panels but for the Touch 50. So far I haven't found anything.

Does Victron sell something like that for the Touch 50?

If Victron doesn't currently sell something like this, are there any plans in the works to make one available?

cerbo gxgx device
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrebotha avatar image andrebotha commented ·

When I installed my system I also wondered how it would be mounted. I came up with a pretty nice substitute.. Its a standard electric box lid. Fits perfectly and doesn't look bad at all..32962565-672e-42f9-b32c-8715fe958730.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
jonmarinello avatar image jonmarinello andrebotha commented ·

Thanks for the post. I sure hope Victron is seeing the need here and manufactures and nice enclosure like the Victron Energy ASS050300010 wall-mounted enclosure for Multi Control GX-panels but for the Touch 50!

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Currently there is nothing like that available, but maybe in the future.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonmarinello avatar image jonmarinello commented ·

What's the rough timeline for that future option?

Someone needs to start making these using a 3-D printer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ jonmarinello commented ·

I don't know, I'm not Victron.
It was just a guess that there will be one in the future.

0 Likes 0 ·
jonmarinello avatar image jonmarinello Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Ok thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
ess-and-solar-solutions avatar image
ess-and-solar-solutions answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

I looked at that a while back and unfortunately, that won't work. There needs to be something behind the screen to accommodate the thick wire that comes out.

0 Likes 0 ·
jonmarinello avatar image
jonmarinello answered ·

Ok, here is how I solved the problem.

I came up with a somewhat unique and perhaps even clever solution to the problem. I used an old picture frame and built a custom plywood back. I think it looks pretty nice. And I didn’t need to drill any holes in my airstream cabinets for this particular doodad. I may decide to move it to some other place later and I didn’t want to commit to drilling holes. And the hole you need to make for the back of this screen is on the large side.

The whole thing is held in place by 4 round velcro pads.

Hopefully, this mich is of help to others with the same requirements.

img-5382.jpg

img-5382.jpg (1.4 MiB)
2 |3000

pim avatar image
pim answered ·

There is a mount available for wall mounting without having to cut a hole..... It's from Victron itself

3 comments
2 |3000

Please send me a link to that. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ jonmarinello commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
jonmarinello avatar image jonmarinello Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thanks! Finally!

I'm sure there are many who will want this. But at this point, I might as well keep my custom enclosure which has its own sort of charm. I'll have to think about it.

Thanks again for coming back to post this. I will let AM Solar on Oregon know about it as well.

Jon

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources