question

jonmarinello avatar image
jonmarinello asked

Victron Energy GX Touch 50 unresponsive

I just installed a Victron Energy GX Touch 50 in tandem with my new Cerbo GX. The touch screen was working fine but then I used the remote console. After that, the touch screen will only show the last thing I did in the remote console and is unresponsive to touch gestures.

Is this a known issue?

How can I get the touch feature working again?

cerbo gxgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi ! Never had such issue. Are you running the latest firmware version 2.60 for the Cerbo GX ?

Michel

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonmarinello avatar image jonmarinello commented ·

Yes I am running latest firmware version 2.60.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @jonmarinello

It is not a known issue.

So far, continuously rebooting the Cerbo GX (sometimes several times) has solved the few glitches I have had while playing around with the screen.

If it is unable to be fixed like that, or can reproduce it (after several reboots) please report back. It could be a co-incidental hardware issue, or something else that we may need to look into.

1 comment
2 |3000

morganb avatar image morganb commented ·

Hi Guy

I currently have 2 new installs out in the field with this same issue, brand new out of the box, I have tired to replace one of the screens with the same fault, so guessing the issue is with a Cerbo (more testing required)

Do you have any more info you can share on this issue?

on a side note is the touch commands sent over the HDMI or USB, I have some clients wanting to extend the HDMI around 5-10m, are we able to just supply local USB power at the screen not connected to the Cerbo ?

Thanks

Morgan

0 Likes 0 ·
Ari Kesti avatar image
Ari Kesti answered ·

I just installed a Cerbo with the screen. I had the same experience you had. Screen became unresponive. I did restart it a few times, upgraded software. Now it works fine. Not sure what made it work. Upgraded from the old GX panel thing that became unresponsive and laggy since i added a fifth MPPT to it.

2 |3000

jonmarinello avatar image
jonmarinello answered ·

I rebooted my Cerbo GX and this solved the problem for me for now. But there is definitely an issue here that needs to be reproduced and addressed by the development team. Multiple people have reported it. For now let's see who else runs into this and keep the thread open.

2 |3000

mmsi2022 avatar image
mmsi2022 answered ·

I had a few problems getting the touch to become responsive right out of the box. I discovered that I needed to connect the USB power only port first, then connect HDMI. I didn't try rebooting Cerbo GX though.

2 comments
2 |3000

ben-rudd avatar image ben-rudd commented ·
After moving a GX Touch to an extended HDMI and separate USB power supply it became unresponsive but this fix worked
1 Like 1 ·
fallado avatar image fallado commented ·
I was having this problem, I tried this fix, it worked for me. Thank you :).
0 Likes 0 ·
teddysx3 avatar image
teddysx3 answered ·

Hi there,

I have the same problem on my GX 70 touch...Updated the firmware to v2.92. My problem is that it's kind of glitchy, slow response time, not the fastest touch screen, is this normal?

Also my arrow button (back) does not work!!! This is really frustrating because I have to hit MENU every time I want to go back, and it brings me back to the main menu, is this normal that only the arrow doesn't work? I also don't have the function with the display and language...

I'm worried that my touch screen is partially not working, although that really does not make sense...could it be the cerbo gx harware problem?

2 |3000

Related Resources