question

vangoff avatar image
vangoff asked

Smartshunt 500A ringing noise

I have just set up my campervan system and j am getting a ringing noise from the smart shunt 500a. I have disconnected all loads and and the noise remains the only way to stop the noise is by the shunts power cable to the battery.

I tested the noise and it is around 16000-19000hz so it is very quiet high pitching ringing noise. I added a picture showing the noise hz.

Its a Saturday now so ill call my supplier on Monday but wanted to Know it anyone has an idea what the issue could be other then faulty equipment.

Its a new install so I am more than confident with my connections so I'm leaning towards a faulty smartshunt but j could be wrong20201107-144334.jpg

SmartShunt
20201107-144334.jpg (394.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jimz avatar image jimz commented ·

@Vangoff did you find an answer for this problem? i am having the same issue

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This maybe the cause, open the setting in your victron connect app and check the alarm settings, it MAYBE that a alarm parameter is set and thus its making the alarm noise.

so turn off the alarms and see if the noise stops.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vangoff avatar image vangoff commented ·

Thanks for the reply, I have all alarms off and i have made sure all firmware is updated. I might try to roll back firmware and if nothing changes I think I'll try a another shunt from the supplier

0 Likes 0 ·
bore avatar image
bore answered ·

im also getting this issue

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic