question

jkalous avatar image
jkalous asked

Parallel connection of Multiplus II, ESS, several houses to a common grid connection

Hi,

I need help judge, whether this connection will work. The requirement is, no overflow of energy into the grid. The premise is that solar energy will only be transferred between houses.

Thank you in advance for the consultation

cluster-house.jpg

battery chargingmultiplus in parallel
cluster-house.jpg (647.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

In principle yes this will work,

However you would need to get it correctly designed and installed,

I would suggest that you see a Victron Installer in your area and design a system to suit what you are doing.

Ie you might be better off having a micro grid that connects one set of inverters to all the houses, as this maybe better than having one inverter per house, and then is it better to use DC Coupled or AC coupled, Systems, etc etc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jkalous avatar image
jkalous answered ·

Thank you for answer,

I know this connection method is not in the Victron manual. Unfortunately, no Victron distributor in my area has experience with this connection, communication with the EM 24 energymeter via Ethernet is new from GX firmware 2.6. Due to the location of the house, it is not possible to use a single central set of inverters and batteries. At the same time, it will not be possible to divide appliances in houses into backup and non-backup. But thank you very much for your answer.

2 |3000