question

sebastian-w avatar image
sebastian-w asked

BMV-702 wont SYNC - LiFeYPO4

First - Sorry
I know it has been asked before, but I can’t seem to find a solution to the earlier posts from other users. So, therefore, I allowed myself to ask.

Setup: My battery is a DIY (Winston 200AHA) project, a 12V system. 8cells in total. Two parallel and series.

From the last cell, the negative terminal is connected to the shunt for the BMV-702 (on the battery side of the shunt), from the load side of the shunt there is a 100A copper bar connected with all the negative connections to loads.

So that must be correct.

Problem: The BMV-702 won’t do the regular automatic synchronization.

Settings of the BMV-702:
01. 400Ah
02. 13.90V (.30 under the absorptions as recommended)
03. 02.0%
04. 01

I know that 03 and 04 normally are 4% and 3 minutes, it didn’t work, so I tried to make them smaller.

Have tried to sync when the battery is fully charged manually, it hasn’t helped.

Here are some screenshots from the settings:

BMV Battery MonitorSOCerror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Sebastian W., just to double-check: your post says 200Ah battery bank but your settings are 400Ah... if both of those are true at the same time, then that's why your SOC isn't calculating properly!

I'll also note, just as a general operational thing, that automatic synchronization happens at the top of a completed charge cycle, and for the BMV to register a charge cycle, the battery bank should be drawn down to ~65-75% SOC and then recharged. "Micro-cycles" won't register as charge cycles, and indeed this can cause SOC drift over time... but I don't think that's the condition you're reporting in this case. From what I can tell, it looks simply like you have it programmed for 2x your actual capacity.

Please confirm your battery bank capacity?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sebastian-w avatar image sebastian-w commented ·

I try to turn off the shore power tonight then I will post an update in the morning.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

The capacity is OK.

There are 8 cells 200Ah each connected into 12V pack.

0 Likes 0 ·
sebastian-w avatar image
sebastian-w answered ·

Update: after yesterdays discharge to 65%. It has now SYNC automatically and the count is now saying "1".
But why is "Total charge cycles" or "Number of full discharges" not up with "1"?

skærmbillede-2020-10-30-kl-100304.png

2 |3000

sebastian-w avatar image
sebastian-w answered ·

After some years of trying, it now work 100% :D
skærmbillede-2020-11-01-kl-142103.png

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic