question

jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary asked

Global Link 520 VRM Data Display

I just spotted the new Global Link 520, aside from the obvious negative that in the UK we will have to wait for network support, I was curious as to how the data would be presented in VRM.

VRMgloballink
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Jwfrary,

Thanks for the interest. There will be some publicly accessible VRM demonstration systems online shortly to show how the information is displayed.

A little teaser of the advanced page for an MPPT connected to a global link while we wait though:

cleanshot-2020-11-10-at-100309.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·
2 |3000

Lasse avatar image
Lasse answered ·

We have added one installation to the demo account on VRM. Just go to vrm.victronenergy.com and login to the demo account. Then find Mindhash office GlobalLink. This installation has a IP43 charger and a Smart Shunt at the moment but it will be updated with an MPPT in the near future.

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/70488/dashboard

5 comments
2 |3000

jwfrary avatar image jwfrary commented ·

@Lasse

Cool, thanks for posting that.

I thought it was only possible to connect the two ve.direct devices to the global link? Have I missed something how are you connecting a third?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lasse avatar image Lasse ♦♦ jwfrary commented ·

@Jwfrary
I meant that we will replace the IP43 charger with an MPPT so that we can show some nice Solar Yield graphs. Sorry for the confusion.

0 Likes 0 ·
jwfrary avatar image jwfrary Lasse ♦♦ commented ·

Damm! I thought that might be the case! - Just hoping the networks would hurry up and actually get a decent network in place in the UK.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lasse avatar image Lasse ♦♦ jwfrary commented ·

@Jwfrary good news Great Britain is now on the supported countries list.

0 Likes 0 ·
maddogboyd avatar image maddogboyd commented ·
Hi there, can't seem to access this installation. Does it still exist?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VRM login page

VRM documentation

VRM API documentation

How to change the Owner of a VRM installation

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic