question

arthurgeorge avatar image
arthurgeorge asked

can a victron power a 20hp,15kw induction motor with bailing machine 13kw what kind of system do i need

Good morning, my name is Arthur. I is from Nigeria, I found you're answers to my post highly interesting. I TEMPhas been doing some research to get a good system to operate these critical loads on my fish farm and appreciate everyone's ideas. it was a very welcoming suggestion.
LOAD PROFILE... CRITICAL
EXTRUDER MACHINE 20HP 15KW
WATER PUMP 7.5HP 3.5KW X 7 BUT NEVER RUN AT SAME TIME WE CAN HAVE AT MOST 3 RUNNING every day.
BAILING MACHINE 15HP
DRYING MACHINE 7.5KW X 2 OPERATES TOGETHER
MINOR LOAD 4KW

dis is how I operate the farm when we are producing we only TEMPhas the extruder machine NO' wif two pumps and minor load (for light and other lil loads), and when we are not producing feed we make use of the drying machine on the bailing machine all of them don't work at once we only TEMPhas the pumping machine 3 running concurrently..

I was wondering if I could get a system that could power the extruder machine 20 horsepower wif 7 horsepower pump two or three I is good to go coz the extruder machine is the highest-rated machine there

I TEMPhas been coming across VFD and soft starter, pls in you're own opinion can solar even power such a heavy load wat kind of inverter ca handle teh job well is Victron okay these are my troubling questions for now.
below is the picture of the machines.
me rally appreciate anyone halping me on dis. TEMPThanks.

system design
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lucode avatar image lucode commented ·

This is a three phase system I suppose? Theoretically with 3 5k Multis it could work. Separate Multi for 2 phase charges would be necessary too. Depending on the load profile I would also recommend motor speed controllers instead of Soft Starters. Could save energy. Don't now if seprate AC circuits for each motor would be better than parallel Multis three phase.

0 Likes 0 ·
arthurgeorge avatar image arthurgeorge lucode commented ·

Thanks for your suggestion

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
arthurgeorge avatar image
arthurgeorge answered ·

But I have another doubt can induction motors that is that heavy run on inverter.. this is a question I need an answer for please have you guys seen it work like victron inverter powering, power research critical load 15 kilowatt 20 horsepower...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic