question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

Cerbo access via ethernet or wifi?

Does the Cerbo have a web interface like the Venus GX does?

If so, Is it accessible via an IP address on the Ethernet or WiFi?

Is that port on the Cerbo an HDMI or Display Port?

Can I attach a monitor to the HDMI port on the Cerbo? Can it be a touchscreen?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @bigbillsd, the answers are:

Yes

Yes, as detailed here in the manual

HDMI

Yes

No

Cheers!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Just a footnote to the Cerbo GX touchscreen question. I had read in a manual that the USB port was only for powering the GX Touch 50. I thought that interesting as it seems if the USB port was ONLY for power, the commands must have been using the bidirectional data lines in the HDMI port normally used for EDID and HDCP. I thought that was clever but pretty unconventional.

In fact it seems the USB is NOT just for power but also data commands to the Cerbo GX from the GX Touch 50.

Provided your touchscreen has a USB output you may be able to use the USB port for the GX Touch 50 right next to the HDMI port on the Cerbo GX and see if it works. I would be interested to know.

regards

Trevor

2 comments
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Trevor Bird,

For the record, I can confirm that touch instances are transmitted through HDMI only, and the USB is strictly for power (confirmed by powering the GX Touch 50 from a fully separate powered USB hub and verifying that touch instances were still captured by the Cerbo via HDMI).

Second: the touch drivers for the Cerbo are proprietary, and although anyone can certainly attempt connection of other touchscreens, there is little likelihood of success; furthermore, attempting connection of a non-supported display outside of a test-bench environment is extremely inadvisable since a mis-mapped touch instance from a non-supported display could easily cause instability or shutdown of any connected VE.Bus, VE.Can, and/or VE.Direct system components.

0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Justin,

Many thanks for that information and I stand corrected about how it works. It is good to know for when local power to the screen is close and the distance between Cerbo GX and GX Touch is some distance away only requiring a long HDMI cable.

I would only ever assume the experimentation of any sort of interface would take place on the test bench.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Trevor

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources