question

andi avatar image
andi asked

MPPT 75/10 and blue smart charger in parallel?

Hey, i'm currently working on a small mobile solar station with a Victron Li-Ion-Battery for education purposes. When the station is outside it should yield its energy via an solar panel and the Victron MPPT charge controller. When not in use, it will probably stay inside for a longer time. For this case it would be great if the battery coulld be charged via the Victron Blue Smart charger off the grid. Is it possible to connect both devices, the Blue Smart Charger and the MPPT solar charger, in parallel to the Li-Ion battery? (VE.Bus BMS will be installed)

To my understanding, since both devices work in the same output voltage range, this shouldn't be a problem.

Many thanks in advance

Andi

MPPT Controllersbattery charginginstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Andi

It is totally possible to use both to charge at the same time. I have a 75/15 and use the the blue smart at the same time. Not using the victron battery bit an enertec li-ion.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hardstuff avatar image
hardstuff answered ·

Can the charger be more than 10 amps ?

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
If you have a 75/ 10 than it can only charge with 10A.

If you need more charge current you need to use a bigger MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
Charging is limited to the rate the battery can accept, so your grid charger can be higher than 10A if the battery will accept that.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual