question

Steve avatar image
Steve asked

Monitor for shore disconnect doesn't work on Cerbo

Hello all,

I have a Multiplus (V476) connected on a Cerbo (V2.6)

No alarm after 5 seconds of loss of shore power

But if I configure the AC input for Grid, it works!

Thank you for your help

cerbo gxmultiplus ve.busshorepower
img-8720.jpg (3.0 MiB)
img-8721.jpg (2.6 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Steve777

Update: I misread the question, and have tested it now on a system of my own, in v2.60 this does not work indeed, I've reported the bug.

That's why it's called 'monitor for grid failure' ;)

The thing is: most boats disconnect from shore power a lot, and getting an alarm every time would be annoying.

So if you want the alarm, just configure the input as 'grid'

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Steve avatar image Steve commented ·

What is the purpose of "Monitor for shore disconnect" then ?

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

Thank you I learnt something today. I own a yacht and have my system set to "Shore Power". If when it disconnects there is no alert then you are unaware of for example a disconnect due to a fuse blowing as your current limit might be too high.

What other changes are there when you swap between show and grid?

Many Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bathnm commented ·

"What other changes are there when you swap between show and grid?"

None, only the icon at the system overview should change a little bit.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE, Just looked at mine and it has Monitor For Shore Disconnect enabled. Reading the release notes for Venus OSv2.4 says

Add Grid failure aka Shore disconnect detection. When enabled, an alarm is raised when the system hasn't been connected to the AC input defined as Grid or Shore for more than 5 seconds. The alarm shows as a Notification in the GUI

So it looks like an alarm should be raised irrespective of setting AC1 to Shore or Grid.

So if you have AC1 set to Shore and Enabled "Monitor for shore disconnect" as per @Steve777 original question, why would there be no alarm after 5 secs if the input is set to shore. The release notes say it should work. I can't test as I am not connected to the shore at the moment and won't be for a while.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve avatar image
Steve answered ·

What is the purpose of "Monitor for shore disconnect" then ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Steve777

My apologies, I read the issue too fast... I'll ask the developers how / why it doesn't work as expected.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources