question

Claus Roessel avatar image
Claus Roessel asked

LYNX VE.CAN-Shunt: Location of the configurable onboard relay

In the configuration menu of the CCGX connected to a LYNX VE.CAN shunt, one can find a programmable relay:

Since the CCGX relay is already occupied by the generator control I wanted to use it for temperature monitoring in the engine compartment and, if necessary, for controlling a small antifreeze heater, since the CCGX relay is already occupied by the generator control.

(see picture above)

Unfortunately, there is no detailed description of contacts on the board for the LYNX-VE.xxx shunts. Where can I find the assigned relay contacts

.... or can I not read correctly again?

One of my wishes from VE:

A simple module (CAN or BUS) for contoling and switching to

Claus

p.s: One of my future wishes from Victron:

A simple, independent module (CAN o. BUS ) for defining, monitoring, switching a couple of external signals and states, like contacts, voltages and temperatures over VRM over CCGX/VRM.

monitoringfeature requestlynx shunt
menue-ccgx.png (321.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

It’s the 2 terminal screws in the black block,between the main fuse & the green LED.In manual mode mine is very sticky,not very response takes about 5 seconds to engage/disengage!.hope this helps you

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Claus Roessel avatar image
Claus Roessel answered ·

@mark

thats great, you helped me a lot.

Exactly what I was looking for, but hard to find if you are in germans east end and the boat is in France.Now I can prepare the monitoring circuits for heater and shunt and then drive to Le Havre. The relays response is no problem in this case.

Many thanks from the island Ruegen to you and all in the forum.

Claus

2 |3000

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.