question

petajoule avatar image
petajoule asked

[SOLVED] VenusGX suddenly lost contact to Quattro

All of a sudden, Battery SoC is not shown anymore and Inverter is shown as "Off", Although it is running.

Rebooted Venus GX (which had Firmware 2.54) - no change. Updated to 2.60 - no change

Also, it stopped seeing the Quattro 5kVA/48V but shows instead a generic "Multi" without values:

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus GX - VGX
1602143827070.png (110.2 KiB)
1602143928035.png (68.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Chris Dobson avatar image
Chris Dobson answered ·

I have had this happen a few times. The solution on each occasion was to check / test / replace the RJ45 cable connecting the VE bus from Cerbo to Quattro.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

petajoule avatar image petajoule commented ·

Plug & Play ... disconnect/reconnect VE.bus cable (at the Quattro) did help.

I wonder if vibrations are a problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
tony-towers avatar image
tony-towers answered ·

Hi, I am experiencing this issue on my systems and unfortunately is happening too often. The solution to get communication back between Quattros and Venus is, for now, fairly easy because it only needs the Venus to reboot. Therefore, at least in my case, it is not the RJ45 cable. I haven´t experienced this issue before the last GX firmware update 2.6... Any advice?

2 |3000