question

mikecc avatar image
mikecc asked

Automatic switchover to Mains Power - not working

I have a Victron Energy Multiplus Inverter 3000 and currently trying to connect up to shore power. When I connect up, the "Mains On" light usually comes on, now it doesn't! I tried to run my genny (Fischer Panda inboard), the genny starts but it won't switch over to Mains power. Usually there is a slight delay of 15-30 seconds and it 'clicks on'. Does anybody know what this might be? The 12v circuits and Inverter running off the batteries seem to work fine, just the mains won't connect. Tried a different shore line, no different, the bollard says that there is nothing connected (Vacant), so it seems like something on the boat.

shorepower
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

soniceric avatar image soniceric commented ·

Did you ever solve it? I’m having the same problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

This is difficult to answer. There could be one of a number of things between the shore line / generator and the MultiPlus.
First thing to check is if there are any circuit breakers or fuses leading up to the MultiPlus that have maybe tripped? Just trying to determine if power is actually getting to the MultiPlus at all.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The go to document for all Multiplus Generator Issues is this FAQ:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

@WKirby Perhaps we should expand it further to discuss a few additional troubleshooting steps like testing voltage at the multi terminals?

2 |3000

bkenyatta avatar image
bkenyatta answered ·

Try install a new firmware. Had the same issue and it was found to be caused by a corrupted firmware.

2 |3000

chrisroald avatar image
chrisroald answered ·

We're getting this exact problem with a multiplus 2000. Grateful for Any further ideas of cause. How can any firmware fault be tested/coreected?

Our inverter has a circular cutout in front panel with black button/switch behind, but doesn't seem depressable. Is this a reset or fuse; how to use it?

Thanks,

Chris & Jo.

UK

2 |3000

austino avatar image
austino answered ·

Similar here.

The internal transfer switch stopped working. The system was setup such that when the battery voltage reaches 48V for 5 seconds the internal transfer switch brings in the utility to power the loads. I loaded the ESS assistant settings in the inverter as an attempt to bypass however I don't see the menu options for the ESS on the CCGX. I also have no option but to advise the client to switch manually. I need some assistance to resolve this issue.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic