question

Ian avatar image
Ian asked

REC-BMS, GX, Multiplus DVCC Firmware insufficient alarm warning

Hi and thanks for reading this.

I have a REC-BMS (Victron version) connected to a Raspberry PI3 with CAN-HAT running 2.60 which has worked very fine for some weeks. Tonight I connected a Multiplus 12/1600/70 via MK3-USB cable to the PI. I also have a BMV-712 connected via a VE.DIRECT cable using the same shunt as the REC-BMS.

All devices appear on VRM Remote Console and look fine. The battery charged to 14.2V just fine and current quickly tailed away to zero-Amps. After a short period of use, an Automatic Monitoring 'DVCC Firmware insufficient alarm: Warning' appeared.

My Multiplus is an 1906 model running firmware 209; could this too old for REC-BMS control? I see a Victron helpful stating 19xx model is supported. Also have two-signal lithium assistant running if that makes any difference.

Some VRM screenshots attached somewhere below.

Many thanks.

DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ian avatar image
Ian answered ·

Daniël,

Thank you. Assume this means, as expected, my Multiplus is too old!

Many thanks.

1 comment
2 |3000

Correct, so you'll need to use 2 wire BMS assistant, and are not able to use DVCC

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources