question

pyemarine avatar image
pyemarine asked

Cerbo GX shows: tanks > No tanks found

Tank entries were shown on the detail databoxes page on my Cerbo GX.

Then suddenly " No Tanks Found" was shown and I have no way to bring them back on display, does not show the configuration in devices either. The tank sensors are switched on in the Analogue I/O menu.

What am I missing ? I tried going back to frimware 2.56 and then back to 2.60 but this looks like a hardware fault, any ideas ?

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @pyemarine,

I have a few more questions to help try and troubleshoot.

Can you think of anything else that changed between when they were working and when they were not?

Did you do the installation yourself, or was it done by someone else?

Which tank senders are you using?

Are you able to measure resistance yourself across the tank senders when they are not connected to the CerboGX?

Can you take some photos of the tank senders

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pyemarine avatar image pyemarine commented ·

Hi Guy

Can you think of anything else that changed between when they were working and when they were not?

> nothing other than a few powercycles in between connecting and disconnecting the senders during troubleshooting. The Cerbo will be replacing the previously installed Scheiber display monitor.

Did you do the installation yourself, or was it done by someone else?

> I did it myself

Which tank senders are you using?

WEMA/KUS 33-240 ohm 2 wire resistive tank senders

Are you able to measure resistance yourself across the tank senders when they are not connected to the CerboGX?

> Yes, operation is as expected and shows correct reading on the scheiber display that was present on the vessel in it's original installation

Can you take some photos of the tank senders

> negative, senders are installed in both fuel tanks.

Included some pictures of the Color GX Screen:

0 Likes 0 ·
img-4400.jpg (5.2 MiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ pyemarine commented ·

Can you please post a screenshot of this Setup menu inside the Tank Sensor (from the main menu on the GX).

0 Likes 0 ·
pyemarine avatar image
pyemarine answered ·

here is another one

img-4402.jpg (4.1 MiB)
2 |3000

pyemarine avatar image
pyemarine answered ·

Guy, that menu is not available

2 comments
2 |3000

dani-the-kid avatar image dani-the-kid commented ·
Did you ever find a fix for your problem? I just had the exact thing happen to a customer’s cerbo. He had 4 tanks showing, then same issue. “No tanks” also none of the corresponding menus.

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
tony-w avatar image tony-w dani-the-kid commented ·
Hi Dani. Did you resolve this? My tanks are now not showing. And Analogue IO not an option. Have tried installing new firmware 2.84. No roll back versions saved. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
hassti avatar image
hassti answered ·

Hi dani, i have same problem with my cerbo. suddently, no function for tanks and temp.sensors ??

Menü point "Analog inputs" is also not avaible ?? firmware is V2.87. Did anyone else have any idea?Is cerbo defect or software-bug?

many thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

hassti avatar image hassti commented ·

Fehler im Menü, Analoge Inputs nicht mehr vorhanden ??1656330335304.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1656330335304.png (23.8 KiB)
mickjohn65 avatar image
mickjohn65 answered ·

hi i

s their any fix to this problem ?

mine cerbo gx is having the same problem.

2 comments
2 |3000

adamr100 avatar image adamr100 commented ·
Hello, did you get a resolution to this?
0 Likes 0 ·
mickjohn65 avatar image mickjohn65 adamr100 commented ·
no i havent..
0 Likes 0 ·
mickjohn65 avatar image
mickjohn65 answered ·

think cerbo needs replacing

2 |3000