question

lsps219 avatar image
lsps219 asked

My cerbo gx does not show an ac input

Hi I have a cerbo gx and 4 et112. Meters connected to it and I set all them up having one set as grid meter one set as generator meter and 2 for 2 separate inverter outputs. However even after setting one of the meters as a grid meter it shows no ac input but only shows it as ac loads. Is there something wrong with my cerbo gx or will the et112 not show as ac input because I would have to have a victron inverter?

Energy Meterinput current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Lsps219 !

Did you made the correct wiring for your ET112 ? As far as I remember, the left side connectors (bottom and top) are related to Grid AC connexion, and the righ ones are related to PV Inverter.

I did only use the right ones as I have no grid connexion. It iis visible in the picture below.

Michel

20200914-144529.jpg (300.8 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lsps219 avatar image lsps219 commented ·

Hi yes I have the correct wiring and all 4 et112 pop up on the cerbo but I guess it’s because I need a victron inverter so the cerbo is pretty much useless without it. I even heard that it won’t even monitor a grid failure with the et112 and only with a inverter it monitors grid failure

0 Likes 0 ·
Jimmy Bergetun avatar image Jimmy Bergetun lsps219 commented ·

I can’t seem to find any documentation stating that you need inverter to get ac load showing on the console. I am glad I haven’t invested in the et112 if that’s the case

0 Likes 0 ·
lsps219 avatar image lsps219 Jimmy Bergetun commented ·

Yeah I found some documentation that stats in order to use ess you must have an inverter which I thought that was what the et112 meters were for to use a 3rd party inverter but I guess not I wasted money on 4 meters i’m glad you haven’t made the same mistake as me

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

AC Input will not be shown on the screen if no inverter is connected. You can only access the values at device overview in the settings section.

Jens

1 comment
2 |3000

Jimmy Bergetun avatar image Jimmy Bergetun commented ·

Do you know where I can find out (documentation) on what’s needed to show ac load on the screen ? I can’t find any

0 Likes 0 ·
squarej avatar image
squarej answered ·
2 |3000

andreas-1 avatar image
andreas-1 answered ·

Hey ! I have the same problem with gerbo GX and Multiplus 3000-120-16.

If i go into the console everything is there but the cerbo gx there are always alarms: AC Input : Not available.

But its connected with 230V external.

2 comments
2 |3000

jacob-smith avatar image jacob-smith commented ·

Had the same problem here. In our case what you need to do is go into the cerbo remote console under Settings > System setup > AC Input 1 and change the name. The name will be set to "Not available" which... is not the most friendly UX decision on their part imho.Your options are that, "Grid", "Shore Power", and "Generator". As soon as you choose anything else it'll show up and display consumption properly.

screen-shot-2022-03-10-at-172100.png

There's only a brief reference to it in the cerbo manual and I haven't seen any other explanation or reference to it. I'd really appreciate it if Victron could link to some better documentation or clarify things in the future.

2 Likes 2 ·
danknoxsf avatar image danknoxsf jacob-smith commented ·
totally worked for me after selecting shore power. thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Energy Meter Selection Guide