question

brent1982 avatar image
brent1982 asked

Which Components should i use

Ok, so i have a new Caravan/RV on order and I've been going through my victron components list for quite some time now and keep changing my mind.

So far it will consist of

4x 175w victron mono panels

3x 150/160ah smart lifepo4 batteries

1x 12/3000/120-50 Multiplus Compact

1x Victron VE.Bus BMS

1x Smart Solar 100/50 MPPT for 4 above mentioned panels

1x Smart Solar 100/30 MPPT for portable ground panel

1x Smart Battery Protect 220

1x Victron BMV-712

1x Victron Cyrix Li Charge 230

1x Victron Colour Control GX

My Question mainly revolves around the CCGX and BMV-712.

Would i be better installing a smart shunt along with a Cerbo GX & GX Touch 50 as i dont think i will need the BMV-712 if ive got all the info on the CCGX. And would the Cerbo and GX Touch be better units overall? Or is it overkill?

Price wise i can get the Cerbo, GX Touch and smart shunt for cheaper than the BMV-712 and CCGX.

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

If you can get the cerbo and gx touch for cheaper than the CCGX, do it. It's newer hardware and offers more features.

The only downside to the smart shunt vs the 712 is you lose out on the relay that the 712 has. If you don't have a need for the relay, then the smart shunt offers the same info but you use the gx screen or your smart phone to view it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brent1982 avatar image brent1982 commented ·

I'd only need the relay if I wanted to turn on a generator or something like that correct?

Am I right in believing the Cerbo GX had built in relay aswell? But may have different functions?

0 Likes 0 ·