question

garysclark avatar image
garysclark asked

Can a Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 supply inverter power to both legs on 50 amp RV?

I am trying to decide if I want to buy a simple inverter or an inverter charger for my Bighorn 5th wheel. When I am running on the inverter, I want to supply AC power to both legs of my 50 amp AC panel. will the Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 do this? If so, is there anything special I need to do when installing the unit?

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
epuhs avatar image
epuhs answered ·

If you buy two, they can be stacked to provide the 240V split phase service you are looking for.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ssybert avatar image
ssybert answered ·

Your RV is likely all 120V appliances. You may not need two Multipass units and be able to simply feed both sides of your panel with the same inverter. The only time you should need two units is when you actually have 240V appliances which is very unlikely in a travel trailer.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic