question

Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende asked

PMP482505000 and PMP482505010 -> 3 Phase Setup

Hey Community !

i will update my single Phase Setup to a three Phase Setup in a few days. My "old" MP II is a PMP482505000 which worked for nearly 2 years without a problem. The 2 new units are slightly different to the old one (PMP482505010).

Are these 2 units able to build a 3 Phase Setup ? If yes: are there any limitations to be expected ?

Thanks a lot !

Jens

Multiplus-II3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Sorry, but No,

These units are not compatible with each other for parallel and 3 phase configurations.

There are considerable hardware changes that lead to the new hardware revision number, for example the 5000 has a fixed AC2 out connected to AC input 1, without a relay.

5010 has a programmable relay to control when AC out 2 is connected.

The programming tool is very strict, the units must be identical. There is a bit more info in the introduction documentation here - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

There is also more details about the variations between the models here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/MultiPlus-II-to-MultiGrid-and-MultiPlus-comparison-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

the test will be the firmware versions that are run on the units, so up grade the current units firmware to the latest version then check that the firmware version on the 2 new units is the SAME number, if they all match you should not have any issues,

if the firmware is different series then It will not work.

1 comment
2 |3000

Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende commented ·

Thanks a lot Paul. I will try that and report back.

Jens

0 Likes 0 ·