question

Mikael avatar image
Mikael asked

Higher charge voltage on Pylontech after Venus OS 2.60

Hi

After upgrading my VenusGX to 2.60 I noticed that my Pylontech batteries is charging with a higher voltage. Has this been changed?

MPPT ControllersVenus OSPylontech
1600114050165.png (110.0 KiB)
1600114220273.png (185.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ciaram-granger avatar image
ciaram-granger answered ·

Hi There

Venus Changelog - V2.60

• Pylontech: increase the charged battery voltage from 52 to 52.4. This fixes the issue that some batteries would always linger 98 or 99% rather than their SOC showing 100%.
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

trip-tracks avatar image
trip-tracks answered ·

Interesting that it stepped up from, 52V to 52.4V after sitting on 52V for around 4 hours, or is this the point when you updated the software?
Do you have a SOC graph that matches these times to include with these graphs?

Looks like the voltage has been increased from 52V to 52.4V. I haven't upgraded any of our Pylontech systems yet, but they sit at 52V maximum on Venus 2.58

3 comments
2 |3000

Mikael avatar image Mikael commented ·

That was when I updated the Venus OS.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mikael avatar image Mikael commented ·

Here is SOC at the same time.

0 Likes 0 ·
1600198574366.png (194.4 KiB)
trip-tracks avatar image trip-tracks Mikael commented ·

Thanks, @Mikael.

The graphs align with pushing the SOC to 100% instead of staying at 99%, which happens most of the time, as stated in the change log.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Also, if you are using DVCC and a temp probe on the GX, temp correction now actually works so voltage will vary as it cools/warms.

1 comment
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

In one of the webinars I heard that the LFP batteries do not use temperature compensation for charging.

Pylontech are LFP batteries.

On the other hand, on Victron site I found that:

8.2. DVCC Requirements

Battery compatilibity

For CAN-bus connected batteries, check the relevant page on the Battery Compatibility manual to see if enabling DVCC has been tested with your battery-type and is supported. If DVCC is not mentioned in notes relating to your battery, do not enable DVCC.

For Gel, AGM, OPzS and other lead batteries, DVCC can be used without any problem. The same is true for Victron Energy lithium batteries with the VE.Bus BMS, the Lynx Ion + Shunt BMS or the Lynx Ion BMS. DVCC is the preferred operating mode for Redflow ZBM2/ZCell batteries using the Redflow CANBus BMS.

I am a bit confused. :(

0 Likes 0 ·