question

vanman avatar image
vanman asked

Disabled when VE.Bus BMS is connected

I get the VictronConnect Screen below when i go to Settings fo Multiplus 12|2000|80-50 connected with VE.Bus Smart Dongle. I have not gone to VE Configures to setup as I was hoping to not need to purchase a MK3 and simply use my iPhone as i am doing for everything else. All devices have the latest firmware according to VE Connect.

I am guessing there is a setting I must set to enable mobile to make settings? Or, what am I missing?

Thanks!

BMV Battery Monitormultiplus ve.bus
img-1505.png (67.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jeroend avatar image
jeroend answered ·

Well.... Do you have a DMC connected as well to your VE.Bus? If not, you would need indeed the MK3 to tick the box at the "Overruled by remote" option. Granted it may seem a little over the top to buy an MK3 cable just for that although I cannot imagine you would not want to configure anything else whilst there. Another (more expensive and complicated) option is to add a Venus GX device and make the configuration via the VRM portal.

Via the VE.Bus Smart dongle you can only switch the Multiplus on/off/invert/charge and set the max. input current (once the option is activated).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonmarinello avatar image jonmarinello commented ·

I did have one connected but the VE.Bus Smart Dongle wouldn't allow me to control the Multiplus. I had to disconnect it and then plug the MK3 in its place.

0 Likes 0 ·
jonmarinello avatar image
jonmarinello answered ·

JeroenD's solution worked for me. I unplugged my DMC and plugged in my MK3 in its place and then the VE.Bus Smart Dongle started working as intended. Although this works it's not what I was hoping for. I would still like to use my DMC alongside the VE.Bus Smart Dongle. Is this possible?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page