question

john2019 avatar image

Fault current and overload capacity

Hi, All

We are designing some off grid system using quattro 10 kVa. However, client need to know

1. Rated Maximum Expected Fault Current (Duration XX Sec) Contribution per Line per Inverter (A)

2. Overload capacity with period. like 150% overload during (xx min) etc

I donot know where I can find them in datasheet and manual

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Overload details Victron Tutorial.

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks Klim:

However, this is only half of answer. Client wants to know fault current contributed from inverter, for example like 100A or sth, because they want to set their protection breaker to trip 400ms at fault 100A.

stretcho avatar image
stretcho answered ·

This is such a frustrating situation. There are a large number of unit sales pending the answer to this question.

The closest information we can find is on the last page of the G59/3-1 Certificate here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Certificate-G59-3-1-MultiPlus-and-Quattro-3kVA,-5kVA,-8kVA,-10kVA-and-15kVA.pdf

And yet it is extremely unclear with minimal information.

I'm guessing the only way we're really going to get the information is to prove it our selves by potentially blowing a couple of units up?

Is there anyone who can help please?