question

carlossilva05 avatar image
carlossilva05 asked

"Not in phase" message on VEConfigure Monitor

Dear Community,

We are having trouble with our virtual switch "Ignore AC Option" in our 3 phase system. We just recognized a text dipslaying "not in phase" as it can be seen on the attached image regarding de VEConfigure Monitor. Any idea what does this mean?

Thank you.

Carlos

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVEConfigure 33 phasevirtual switch
unnamed.jpg (2.7 MiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dischargetommy avatar image dischargetommy commented ·
Hi,

I have the same Problem. No wrong phaserotation.

However, i Have the assumption that it is due to the cos Phi.

0 Likes 0 ·
dischargetommy avatar image dischargetommy commented ·

You could try something -> deactivate the UPS-funktion (grid) and activate on Charger the weak AC input

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I guess would be that your phase rotation is not correct make sure that L1 is l1 and l2 is l2 and l3 is l3 on your incoming lines

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carlossilva05 avatar image carlossilva05 commented ·

Hi Paul, Thank you for replying.

We checked this by connecting a 3 phase motor and also did some checks with an oscilloscope and looks OK. This "Not in phase" text keeps appearing, also we experience occasional "Phase rotation warning"... when the Virtual Switch Ignore AC option connects the grid, does it need AC In and AC out to be in phase?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ carlossilva05 commented ·

Hi @carlossilva05

either the 3 phases are not correctly wired, or the inverters are not correctly programmed (phases swapped), just swap two phases on the input and see if it works.

0 Likes 0 ·
carlossilva05 avatar image carlossilva05 Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Daniel, thanks for your reply. We are very confused as the Phase rotation warning is not permanent, it happens every day or two usually for a very short time (< 1 min).

But our main issue here is we are trying the virtual switch ignore AC option to maximize self consumption, it is working OK for the low battery SOC threshold conditions but not for the load conditions (stop ignoring AC as soon as the load surpasses a load threshold). Can this be related to the phase rotation warning or the not in phase text?

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ carlossilva05 commented ·

Hi @carlossilva05

I don't know, but I'm not sure what inverter(s) (what phases) are monitored for the load condition options.

0 Likes 0 ·
carlossilva05 avatar image carlossilva05 Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, we did post most information about the system on the following thread in case you can take a look. It is a 3 phase system with 3 Multiplus Compact 2000VA, I guess they should be monitoring every phase?

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/59834/virtual-switch-ignore-ac-not-working-on-multiplus.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Daniel, swaping two phases didn't work out, on the other side we did double check while programming the 3 phase system and carefuly made sure we were assignin each inverter to the right phase, we also ran a three phase motor to check the rotation. May be something else we could check?

Thanks .

Carlos

0 Likes 0 ·
mblowes avatar image
mblowes answered ·

Actually I think you get this message when you are self consuming.. I'm doing a similar thing.. ignore AC input.. self consume and only connect AC in when load or low battery voltage.. when not charging I get the not in phase message.. when charging , it disappears..

2 |3000