question

ur12vman avatar image
ur12vman asked

Cerbo GX output N2k from temp senders?

I just added on a couple temp senders to the Cerbo unit and have it reporting on VRM. I have other data from the Cerbo reporting on my NMEA 2000 network such as inverter power, battery voltages and such. I have not been able to see the temp sensors on my N2k network. In the cerbo device menu the temp sensor shows it has an instance number assigned of 25 but from my maretron screen there is no temp data available other than known other devices. Any one else been able to get this to work?

cerbo gxtemperatureNMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
offpist avatar image
offpist answered ·

Bump.

Wondering about the same.

Would be nice to use for Alternator Temperature for example.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi both, sorry but that doesn’t work; see NMEA2000 out section in the Cerbo manual.

sending out temperature data is not included in the list of supported data.

2 comments
2 |3000

northern-comfort avatar image northern-comfort commented ·
Hi @mvader (Victron Energy) could we get this feature working (getting temperature data points on the NEMA 2000 network)? As more boats use electric motors, this is pretty important and one of the reasons I selected the Cerbo. Right now I can only get it on the VRM.... I would like it to show up on my raymarine MFD in my cockpit due to safety overheating alarms.

In the meantime do you know of any workarounds?
1 Like 1 ·
rlynch03 avatar image rlynch03 commented ·
@mvader (Victron Energy) is this feature expected to be added?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources