question

chatship avatar image
chatship asked

Genset fail to start

My generator does not have a controller. It has a freq counter that turns off the starter motor via a relay. This all works when the gen auto starts. But if the gen fails to start, or it stops due to a fuel issue, the starter motor will re-engage, flattening the batt.

The generator autostarts on the colour control. Is there a way to switch off the colour control relay, when a fault occurs and no ac appears, which by default will switch off the starter motor.

Kind Regards

CCGX Color ControlGeneratorAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ur12vman avatar image
ur12vman answered ·

Is there any reason to not put a controller on this? The cost of a decent controller is about the same as a ruined battery and starter motor, not to mention the possible fire from continued cranking of an engine. I use the TG350 from Dynagen, it has timers and control for a host of parameters. https://www.partsfortechs.com/asapcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1351

They have start controllers for as little as $249US with fewer features.

You could probably find a way to rig what you need with timers and some relay logic, but smart programmable devices have come a long way. Best, Ron

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chatship avatar image
chatship answered ·

Thanks Ron

Thats the way I will go

Kind regards

Tony

2 |3000