question

ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus asked

VE Bus State not showing Correct Information in VRM

This is the first time I have seen this, but things don't add up on my VRM.

Earlier on today I saw that my system was using the power assist feature but upon closer inspection, the current coming from the battery was zero. But the output power was higher than the input power (as one would see during Power assist operation)- See image 1.

This happened twice more this morning, until there was a larger power assistance instance, but this time the VE.Bus state didn't show it went into power assist mode, but you can easily see that the battery was adding power to the system- See image 2.

For reference, the whole mornings data is shown in Image 3.

Has anyone else experienced this? or is this a known issue?

Regards Ewald

Image 1.

Image 2.

Image 3

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVRMVE.Buspowerassist
1597922264840.png (141.1 KiB)
1597922298849.png (189.3 KiB)
1597922403025.png (145.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@EwaldErasmus

From what I understand the Victron makes assumptions (calculated values) about what is being pulled from the batteries unless there is a shunt based battery monitor in your system from which to read the exact values. So the values may not be an exact representation of what is happening in the system, since there is no physical measuring instrument on the VE bus system battery side. Most smart batteries that commnuicate with the victrom would report the values or installing a BMV would help with that.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers